Cindy Kane, City Clerk and Finance Officer
The City Clerk/Finance Officer is appointed by City Council. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Keeping the official record of Council proceedings.
- Maintaining Prairie City’s official records and receiving legal documents on behalf of Prairie City.
- Overseeing purchasing and payroll activities.
- Developing and maintaining systems of internal control to safeguard Prairie City’s financial assets.
- Assisting the City Administrator and elected officials in developing the annual budget.
Emily Voeller, Deputy Clerk
Responsibilities of the Utility Billing Clerk include:
- Preparing customer utility bills.
- Creating and maintaining billing records and other utility documents.
- Calculating deposit refunds.
- Coordinating and managing customer service requests.
- Managing day-to-day operations at City Hall.
City staff can also be contacted through City Hall at 515-994-2649.