Jerry Moore, City Administrator
The City Administrator is appointed by City Council. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Makes recommendations and provides guidance regarding future planning for the city including capital improvements, financing, equipment, staff, economic development and operational needs.
- Oversees City Code development and enforcement, planning and zoning compliance, and the daily operation of city government, in coordination with the Mayor and City Council.
- Responsible for the supervision and actions of all city employees and use of city owned property and equipment.
- Evaluates community needs and desires and provides qualified and quality direction and guidance for the community as a whole.
Christie Busby, City Clerk and Finance Officer
The City Clerk/Finance Officer is appointed by City Council. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Keeping the official record of Council proceedings.
- Maintaining Prairie City’s official records and receiving legal documents on behalf of Prairie City.
- Overseeing purchasing and payroll activities.
- Developing and maintaining systems of internal control to safeguard Prairie City’s financial assets.
- Assisting the City Administrator and elected officials in developing the annual budget.
Janet Lewis, Utility Billing Clerk
Responsibilities of the Utility Billing Clerk include:
- Preparing customer utility bills.
- Creating and maintaining billing records and other utility documents.
- Handles reservations for the Community Building, Garden Square and park shelter.
- Coordinating and managing customer service requests.
City staff can also be contacted through City Hall at 515-994-2649.