Click here for the Organizational Chart of the City of Prairie City
Click here for the Open Records Request for Information form
Jerry Moore, City Administrator
The City Administrator is appointed by City Council. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Makes recommendations and provides guidance regarding future planning for the city including capital improvements, financing, equipment, staff, economic development and operational needs.
- Oversees City Code development and enforcement, planning and zoning compliance, and the daily operation of city government, in coordination with the Mayor and City Council.
- Responsible for the supervision and actions of all city employees and use of city owned property and equipment.
- Evaluates community needs and desires and provides qualified and quality direction and guidance for the community as a whole.
Christie Busby, City Clerk and Finance Officer
The City Clerk/Finance Officer is appointed by City Council. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Keeping the official record of Council proceedings.
- Maintaining Prairie City’s official records and receiving legal documents on behalf of Prairie City.
- Overseeing purchasing and payroll activities.
- Developing and maintaining systems of internal control to safeguard Prairie City’s financial assets.
- Assisting the City Administrator and elected officials in developing the annual budget.
Janet Lewis, Utility Billing Clerk
Responsibilities of the Utility Billing Clerk include:
- Preparing customer utility bills.
- Creating and maintaining billing records and other utility documents.
- Handles reservations for the Community Building, Garden Square and park shelter.
- Coordinating and managing customer service requests.
City staff can also be contacted through City Hall at 515-994-2649.